Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Intellectual Theft?

There was a message posted to a Yahoo Group I belong to about "possible" copyright infringement, that I found to be very disturbing. A fabric company obviously "borrowed" (stole, in my opinion) images from a card designer and then refused to admit or acknowledge or reimburse her in any way for her intellectual property! They told her SHE NEEDED TO GET A LAWYER!

I am so sick of big companies thinking they can get away with anything just because they have more money or resources backing them up. Below, you will find a link to this designer's blog about the situation, as well as images of the designs in question. Check it out and see what you think.

Are they her images they used in their fabric? Personally, I don't think there is any doubt, but I am afraid she won't get any justice because she is just one person fighting a big company. But, I think if this company began to get emails from people who will no longer buy their product until this matter is resolved, they might change their tune.

http://kimberlyshaw.typepad.com/my_weblog/protecting-.html

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:36 AM

    Thanks Sue, for your encouraging support and mention of my case on your blog. I am not sure how this wildfire got started since it has been a year when this began, but your timeliness has been so uplifting! When I think of quilters (mom, grandma and aunties are quilters) this is the heart felt compassion I've always known, where you know you can get a hug of support when you need one. Thanks again, Kim

    ReplyDelete