Sunday, May 16, 2010

Summer Plans and a Request for a Favor

I have several teaching jobs this summer, away from home, that I am REALLY looking forward to. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather be home than almost anywhere else, but this is a big step forward for me and I am really excited about the opportunities.

The first one is at Chautauqua Institution in July. I will be teaching a brand new design in paper piecing. At the moment, I am waiting for my fabric to arrive so I can make my sample. I will post a picture or two as I go along.

The second one is at a Bed & Breakfast near Uniontown, PA. I only live about an hour away from Uniontown, but if I have the opportunity to stay at a B & B, I'm taking it! The B & B is called SEAMS LIKE HOME and the owners are wonderful people, so I think the name is fitting.

I will be teaching there in October, as well, and if Donna and Rick ever need someone at the last minute, I'm their girl!

I will be vending at Quilting Around Chautauqua again in September. This will be my fourth year there and something I look forward to as I get to see a lot of familiar faces each time.

One last thing: I have been getting some strange comments on my blog lately, but I'm not sure if it is intentional and I can't tell where they are coming from. If someone could post a REAL comment on my blog and it shows up as normal, I will know whether there is a problem with my blog or a problem with the person or people who are commenting. Thanks!

4 comments:

  1. Wish I could take one of your classes. But living in So. Cal. doesn't make it realistic for me, for your summer classes. Hopefully someday. But I'm sure your students will have a great time and be inspired!

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your upcoming schedule sounds very exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dallas! Yes, I am VERY excited about my summer schedule and hope to be busier next summer. What are your plans? LOL

    BTW, thanks for commenting, it told me the problem is not with my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi SewCalGal, I would love to have you in one of my classes! With any luck, I may be able to teach in your area someday.

    ReplyDelete