Friday, January 07, 2011

Update on Lexa's mom

To those of you who read my blog with any regularity you know about my friend Nicole's accident in December in which she lost her 7 year old daughter, Lexa. I received a short message from Nikki via Facebook last night in which she told me she likes my angel block, Lexa's Angel. I was able to go to her FB page and check on her progress so I thought I would update those who have asked about her condition.

Nikki had her 4th surgery earlier this week and will be moved to a nursing home soon to complete her recovery. She will probably be there for 3 to 6 months and her doctors are confident she will walk again someday.

For anyone that wants to help Nikki and her family financially there is a fund set up at the First National Bank, called The Cleland Family Fund. If you'd like to send a check their address is 2550 Brownsville Rd, South Park, PA 15129.

My favorite local quilt shop, Quilters' Corner in Finleyville PA, is also helping me with a project to benefit Nikki and her family. They are designing a small project based on my angel block and selling kits. The kits are inexpensive and all of the money raised by them will go to the fund. I will post the information here when all of the details are finalized.

No comments:

Post a Comment