Thursday, June 09, 2011

You can't trust anyone.

This has been the longest "two" weeks of my life! My computer went in for repair and I was told it would take two weeks to fix. Well, closer to three weeks, I finally have my laptop back and am ready to get back to the work of designing.

So far everything seems to be working right but I want to give you all a little warning about turning your computer over to ANYONE for repair. My laptop was only 4 months old so the repair was covered by the warranty but when I dropped it off I was unable to sign out of any of my email programs or Messenger. If I had thought about it I would have changed my passwords sooner but it didn't occur to me it would be a problem.

Anyway, I found out from one of my Messenger friends that "we" had had a pretty lively conversation one late night. So while my computer was out of my hands whomever was working on it pretended to be me and talked to one of my friends in a way I would NOT have. Of course there is no proof on my computer since they erased all of my IM history so I have no way to prove it happened at all.

If you find yourself in a situation like mine where you can't sign out of your programs, find another computer ASAP and change your passwords immediately!

Now, back to work!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:36 PM

    If your friends computer wasn't swiped, there's your proof. The same stuff they swiped on your computer of this conversation would be on your friend's computer too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To Anonymous--unfortunately his computer wasn't set up to record IM history so there is no proof there either.

    ReplyDelete