Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Favorite Book?

Do any of you have a favorite book from childhood? Mine is A BOOK OF MERMAIDS by Ruth Manning-Sanders. I borrowed that book week after week from the local library and read it over and over and over again. On a whim this morning, I did a search on Amazon and found two old copies for sale. The lesser expensive one was $120. My 12 year old daughter said, "You should buy it since you want it so bad." Knowing that its just not practical right now, I put the book on my wishlist and logged out.

A few minutes later, my 9 year old son asked if he could sell hot chocolate out in the front yard. I thought it was an odd request until I asked him why he wanted to do it. His answer was, "So I can buy you that book."

Both of those responses were worth more to me than the book!

I know I have a mermaid quilt in me somewhere, so I might have to get to work on that soon!

3 comments:

  1. awww what a sweet thing for your 9 year old to do. Hope you can come across your mermaid book one day. Sometimes just waiting and keeping an eye out will produce a treasure :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abebooks.com has a copy for $60.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it was really sweet of my son and a pleasant surprise!

    Thanks for checking that out, Dallas!

    ReplyDelete