Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Mermaids

Ever since I mentioned the book I loved as a child, I have been seeing images and hearing about mermaids everywhere. I think they might be the next "big" thing. This picture was taken onboard the Carnival Destiny in one of the stairwells. I also overheard someone talking on the ship about someone wanting to buy a gift for someone else and they were looking for a mermaid. I think there is a new Barbie Doll that is a mermaid as well. Not that Mattel hasn't done that before, but I think this is a new version or maybe a new story.

I think its a sign that a Mermaid quilt is definitely in order. I'm not sure if it should be a "one of a kind" art quilt or a pattern though. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you from a totally different angle. About a month ago, after three high school girls in a week asked for - not vampires -'the book with the mermaid on the front,' I told the librarian there that I thought mermaids could be the next trend, and she was free to start writing to order asap..
    As far as a quilt pattern goes.. mermaid emerging from an ocean wave variation...??

    ReplyDelete