Friday, February 26, 2010

Trying to get my act together again

I've got a million things I should be doing, but because of some personal problems, I can't seem to wrap my head around any of them. One thing I have never had to deal with before was feeling like a single mom. I say "feeling" like one because I am not actually a single mom. I have been married for almost 14 years and have 2 children, ages 12 and 9. Recently, my husband had to accept a job in a town about 2 hours from home. Fortunately, we have a small, 2 room cottage close to this town that he can use and not have to rent a place or force us to pack up and move right away. But this means he can only come home one night a week, if he's lucky, and on the weekend. My husband is a radio DJ and has been for the entire time I have known him. Radio can be a very scary business to be in. You can have a job one day and not the next. Ask me how I know. So I am in no hurry to sell our house and move to an even snowier part of the country any time soon!

On my To-Do List are: shows I want to enter, patterns I need to finish for market, plans I need to finalize for market and I am sure lots of other things that I can't even remember at the moment.

But I have been able to cross a couple of things off my list recently. They are two quilts that I designed and made, with a little help from my friends, for 2 different magazines. One is for Quiltmaker May/June issue and the other is for Quilt Magazine June/July issue. Seeing one of your quilts in a magazine is something that never gets old, so I am really excited about these issues coming out! I hope you will check them out when they are available and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment