Saturday, September 08, 2012

Whew! I need a break!

What a crazy couple of weeks I've had! One of the highlights has been the opportunity to teach a workshop for a wonderful group of ladies from Erie, PA. The Hands All Around Erie Quilt Guild invited me to teach a 6 hour workshop in paper piecing. I showed them my tricks for using directional fabrics as well as how easy it is to paper piece a Y seam. I had SO much fun with the group that I decided to join their guild! Since Erie is 2 hours from my home in Pittsburgh, I won't be able to make it to every meeting but I hope to make it to the summer meetings. The picture above is the view I enjoyed while eating lunch. The following evening, I was the featured speaker at their meeting where I got the chance to show all of my quilts and tell some of the stories behind them.

Before I headed up to Erie, I had to drop off the center panel for the Whitehall Library quilt I've been working on so it could be displayed at the Whitehall Community Day. We didn't want to give away too much of the final design but we wanted to make sure people could get an idea of what the finished quilt will look like.

CHRISTMAS BELLS ARE RINGING

CARTWHEELING CLAUS

CHRISTMAS ANGEL

CHRISTMAS ANGEL

LEXA'S ANGEL-love the wings!

NIGHT JEWELS

NOVA

PRESSED FLOWERS

Some of my quilts

The last 4 days, I've been helping a friend with a quilt that is a gift for her mom. She is presenting it today and I can't wait to hear about her reaction! I'm so excited to post a couple of pictures but I promised I would wait until the party is over.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment