Wednesday, July 06, 2022

Angel Blessings pattern almost ready!

 This is my newest design that I am almost ready to publish. She is an updated version of my original angel pattern that I first published in 2014.

She is 5" larger in both directions, I have refined her face and hand shape, added more wing and hair and her hands are now 3 dimensional. I also added a narrow inner border.


This pattern gives you an opportunity to use one of those amazing border prints that we fall in love with in the quilt shops but wonder what to do with them. For me, this minty green floral border print was the starting point for this new pattern. I loved the fabric but knew that the scale was too large to work with the original angel pattern so I made her bigger! This border print was mirrored so I had to be a little picky about how I cut it.


Here is another example using the same type of border print. This one was dense on one selvage edge and less dense on the other. I love the effect.

This border was large scale and directional with words that I wanted to be right side up in the finished quilt. The 2 long, side borders were cut first, perpendicular to the selvage because I needed the full length. The 2 short borders for the top and bottom were cut widthwise and sewn on first. This is my most recent sample so you may be able to see the shadow created by the hands being 3 dimensional.

I am currently working on writing the pattern and hope to have it ready very soon. You can email me at larkspurlanedesigns@yahoo.com for more info or to be added to my email list.



2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:55 PM

    I would love to buy these designs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will need to send me an email to purchase the pattern. If you comment on my blog anonymously I have no way of contacting you. My email address is larkspurlanedesigns@yahoo.com

      Delete