Sunday, April 07, 2024

Patience is NOT one of my virtues!

When I design something new that I'm paticularly excited about, I want to show it to everyone right away! But when you are fortunate enough to get to work with a fabric company, you are on THEIR timeline, so you have to wait and keep it under your hat until they say it's okay to show it off. I have a hard time with this but I made it and I finally have permission to show this new design. This is a design that is featured in the Island Batik Fall/Winter 2024 catalog. The line I used in my design is called Fall Gatherings, a rich palette of green, orange, gold, rust and blue. It was a fun collection to design around. The collection will start showing up in quilt shops in May 2024. My quilt design is called El Paso and the blocks reminded me of southwestern designs but it also has that crisp fall feel because of the beautiful colors. This design is paper pieced and although it seems to have curves in the blocks, they are all straight lines, so it's simple enough for a beginner paper piecer. The finished quilt measures 55" square and makes a grand statement on the wall or works well as a lap quilt. Ask you favorite local quilt shops if they will be carrying this line!

No comments:

Post a Comment