Monday, February 23, 2009

I'm baaaack!!!!

Wow, it took me awhile, but I finally fiqured out how to get back into my blog! Can they make this stuff any more difficult?

Anyway, lots of stuff has happened since my last post. I was published in Quilter's Home magazine for the first time last year in the March/April issue. As soon as it hit the stands, I was contacted by an editor from another magazine under the same corporation and was published 3 more times last year. So far this year, I was published in the March issue of Quilter's Home and I have to say, its just as exciting as the first time! Now I just need to find the time to sew out all of the designs I have saved in my computer so I have something to sell when people see my name in a magazine. I wish I could sew as fast as I design.

I also met a wonderful designer at a local quilt show that I hit it off with right away. Her name is Kourtney Kenzie and she is a force to be reckoned with! She lives about 3 hours north of me and opened her own quilt shop, with her friend Melanie Barrett, in Pittsfield PA. I swear, there is nothing this girl can't do. I'll put her website address in a future post as soon as she it set up.

I did my first Trunk Show/lecture in about 4 years in Beaver PA and actually enjoyed it. I am very shy by nature and have a difficult time standing up in front of a roomful of women who have probably been quilting 4 times longer than I. The ladies were so nice and made me feel so comfortable.

This is starting to sound like a Christmas Brag letter (which I hate), so I'm going to end for now, but with any luck, it won't be 3 years before I post again!

No comments:

Post a Comment