Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Oh Christmas Tree


Well, it was so easy to add a photo yesterday, so I'm gonna do it again! This is addicting.
This is a redesign of a quilt I did for Quilt It For Christmas 2008. I simplified the design a little bit and changed the fabrics. This is a just a drawing at this point, although I have the fabric ready and waiting for me when I have the time. After the magazine came out last August, I was vending at a quilt show, and had a lady walk up to my booth and blurt out, "I hate that star!". Well, I was shocked, but I agreed with her, because I had already told the editor of the magazine before I sent the quilt, I wasn't happy with the way the star looked in the original quilt. I sent extra fabric along with the quilt in case they wanted to applique over the center block, but they published it "as is". And I have had a lot of requests for the pattern, so I guess it wasn't all that bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment