Friday, March 13, 2009

Now For Something Completely Different

About 20 years ago, I shared a duplex with my best friend. The place was falling apart, but it had STAINED GLASS WINDOWS! When we were looking for a place to live, we came across this place that was pretty run down, but we fell in love with the windows and the wooden banister, and lived there for 2 years. When we moved out, we joked about taking the windows with us, but settled for pictures instead. I had planned on having a copy made for my friend someday, but when I became a quilter, decided I would make a stained glass quilt for her instead. I got as far as drawing the design and buying the fabric, so maybe I will actually be able to give her a stained glass "window" sometime in the near future.

3 comments:

  1. I had a friend that taught me how to do stained glass. I made her a wall hanging from the same pattern glass and fabric. They were both keepsakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a greatidea! Did you draw your own pattern or use someone else's?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used the teapot pattern she had supplied for the stained glass class. It converted perfectly to a small wallhanging. She does very complicated,beautiful,stained glass work but taught us a simple pattern.

    ReplyDelete