Monday, September 27, 2010

Quilting Around Chautauqua 2010

This past weekend was my annual trek to Chautauqua Institution for Quilting Around Chautauqua. This year was a little different. My friend and I had the same spots and were surrounded by the same wonderful group of vendors as in the previous years and at least one new person whom I hope to see again next year (welcome to QAC, Peter!). But normally we have a couple of friends join us who help out in our booths and drink wine on my porch in the evening and they couldn't make it this time.

Needless to say, neither of us was able to leave our booths except for a restroom break, so there was no shopping for us this year. Call it a blessing in disguise. I was also unable to take very many photos this year but I have posted what I have. The photo at the top of this post is from my newest pattern called CHRISTMAS BELLS ARE RINGING. There are 3 projects in the pattern: Table Topper, Tree Skirt and Door Banner (shown in photo).

Show attendence was good, but purse strings were being held very tightly this time. Something simply MUST be done about our economy! What is the world coming to when quilters can't afford to buy the latest fabric and patterns?

We still had a great time and are already planning for next year so its time to look ahead.

Also regulars at the show are Donna and Rick Eicher who own Sew Special, in Uniontown and Seams Like Home in Vanderbilt, PA. Seams Like Home is the new bed and breakfast they opened and have begun hosting quilting retreats like the one I am teaching October 8th, 9th and 10th. For their show special they were offering a $75 discount off the price of my retreat and $50 off of any other retreat coming up. DISCLAIMER: I AM WRITING THIS FROM MEMORY OF A HURRIED CONVERSATION AT THE SHOW, SO YOU CANNOT HOLD DONNA OR RICK RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING I MAY SAY IN ERROR! Check their website for details or call their shop: 800-572-7570 or

This house made me pull over and snap a pic. I think its my new favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment