Thursday, February 07, 2013

Looking for spools

 These are a few examples of the carvings my friend, Richard Kent, makes. The top photo is an ornament carved from a shed antler. (Shed antlers are ones found on the ground not from animals that have been hunted.) The bottom photo shows 2 examples of his carved thread spools.

Richard searches everywhere for spools but they're getting harder to find. He told me he would love to hear from anyone who might have some old wooden spools that are at least 1 3/4" high or larger.

If you send him 12 spools, he will carve one for you in exchange. If you want to purchase a spool ornament, they are $15 for one and $25 for 2. They make wonderful gifts for anyone who sews but also anyone who appreciates hand-made items!

I'm sorry I don't have a price for the antler ornaments but if you call Richard at 724-561-4410 he can give you any information you need.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful carvings! I'll see what I can do about sending some wooden spools. Does Richard also carve on non-wooden spools? Thanks! Debi
    www.facebook.com/gdcleanfun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debi!

      As far as I know, Richard doesn't carve on anything other than wooden spools or antlers but it doesn't hurt to ask!

      Delete