Sunday, February 24, 2013

Officially Spoiled!

I am back home after one of the most wonderful weekends I have ever had. I got to spend this past weekend at Ariel's Bed and Breakfast in Mayville, NY, making new friends and teaching my special paper piecing techniques. There were 5 of us staying at the B & B and our wonderful hostess is a quilter, too, so the weekend was even more special than I thought it would be. Margo Stuart is an amazing cook, baker, and quilter, among other things, and has lived such an interesting life I really looked forward to the times she was able to take a break from taking care of us and just sit and talk.

This is the first time I have had any reason to go up to the Chautauqua Lake area in the winter time and I loved it! Unfortunately, I forgot my camera so I am waiting for one of my friends to send me some pictures to share here. I had to check on my own little cottage that is on Lake Erie while I was in the area and got to see the lake partially frozen. What a surrealistic view we had from the cliff overlooking the lake. It was so quiet and the landscape was completely motionless so that it felt like I was looking at a photo. It was eerily beautiful and I feel so lucky to have had the opportunity to see it.

If you are ever looking for a comfortable and cozy place to stay in the Chautauqua Lake area I highly recommend Ariel's Bed and Breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment