Saturday, December 18, 2010

Chautauqua Institution Summer Program 2011

I got an email confirming my proposal to teach at Chautauqua Institution has been accepted! This will be my second year on the special programs faculty and I am really excited to be participating. This year I will be teaching 2 weeks instead of 1. My class will run the first week and again the sixth week and will be open to daily students as well as those that want to take all the sessions. I don't have all the details yet but will post them as soon as I can.

Last year my class was three sessions, 2 hours each and I taught my own design called Lakeview. It was a paper pieced design in which I had the opportunity to show how to get a directional piece of fabric into a quilt. I haven't decided what the project or projects will be this time around but I want to show the technique for directional piecing again as well as a paper pieced "Y" seam.

If you've never been to Chautauqua Institution you owe it to yourself to check it out. It is one of my most favorite places in the world! Their website is http://www.ciweb.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment