Monday, December 27, 2010

Warning

This has absolutely nothing to do with quilting but this is the only blog I write and I think it is important information so I will post it here. My friend's step-father just died last week and he had one of those policies that would/should pay for his funeral. Most people think you can sign the policy over to the funeral home and all the expenses will be covered. Maybe some work that way but this one didn't. They had to sign the policy over to an agency that will pay the claim in a couple of weeks but they had to pay the funeral home up front. They didn't have the money to pay so they were forced to borrow it from the agency at 40% interest!

This doesn't seem legal, moral or fair to me in any sense but when it comes to a dealing with the death of someone whose final arrangements must be taken care of in a timely manner you don't have many options. Funeral homes know this and I feel they take advantage of  the family of the deceased. This is just my opinion but it makes me wonder how some people can sleep at night.

Read the fine print is all I can say.

No comments:

Post a Comment