Tuesday, September 29, 2009

More Fun Than Work

This is the Anthanaeum Hotel at Chautauqua Institution. I practically had to stand in the lake to get the whole thing in the picture! It is an amazing place on its own, but when it is filled with quilters and quilt shop vendors, it is a dream come true (for a quilter, anyway). If I could find my brochure, I would tell you how many vendors there were, but I haven't completely unpacked my car yet. It was a rainy and chilly weekend on Lake Chautauqua. Perfect for a quilt show, if you ask me. That is, if your vendor space isn't outside, like mine was 2 years ago. We were lucky that year though, since the only thing we had to deal with was the wind coming off the lake blowing my business cards away. This year and last year my booth was in Bellinger Hall, which you could reach via the shuttle from the hotel in about 5 minutes. I've already reserved the same spot for next year, since my "neighbors" and I have such a great time hanging out all weekend. Sunday mornings are usually a little slow until the lecture is over, so this year, we had a little party in our corner. I brought a cake and shared it with the vendors and some of the lucky customers who happened to be in the right place at the right time! If it wasn't so much work to get ready for a show, and someone could promise that they'd all be as fun as this one, I would do this every weekend!

1 comment: